Sunday, October 02, 2005

Day in the life of a bimbo

Don't know what's wrong with blogger... keep eating up my entries. This was meant to be last Thursdays.

If I were any other girl on the street looking at me on Thursday, I'd wanna laugh at me.

I was wearing this t-shirt



and I was in a very bimbotic mood. But too bad I wasn't with my bimbotic friends, or anyone who would do bimbotic stuff with me.

Was in tourism lecture with Wenyee and Daniel and Asram, W's friend from Brunei (sp?). TC (the lecturer) told us to discuss about tourist packages, theme tours and stuff, i.e. The Princess Diana : People's Princess tour, Gandhi Peace Trail etc etc. And we were just throwing out ideas, but most of them seemed quite standard - Castles of Europe, Movie Star houses ...

So I said 'Paris Hilton! The 'That's Hot' Tour!'

'We could like, go to the places she shops at, clubs she frequents, places she's been to on the Simple Life. And heck, we could even go to Paris with Paris and Paris (her fiance)! Hah!'

They burst out laughing. 'Ok, if TC asks, you'll have to say it!'

I was thinking, no way la. What are the odds right, he doesn't even know my name.

It really isn't too hard to envision what happened, right?

TC happened to know Asram, and asked him about his group's proposal. All of them turned to look at me.

So... how, no choice, I talked about the 'Paris Hilton That's Hot!' tour, saying our target audience was wannabe socialites, etc etc. And beside answers like, I don't know, the Israel trail etc... my answer was soooo shallow. :/

And I had to be wearing that t shirt.

:/

*****
Was reading Mel's blog, and it got me thinking.

I don't know... it seems like, as you grow older, you actually DO change. It's not to say I never believed in it, it's just more of I never thought it would actually happen. (That's confusing)

But I've been changing, maybe it's for the better, maybe it's for the worse. It really depends on how I choose to see it. I've become more reliant, but I've also become more independant in a sense. I've become more open, but at the same time, I've learn when to shut up. I've become more honest and straightfoward to people, yet I've closed off parts of myself to everyone.

I used be those kind of girls who keep everything. Every single piece of paper that might have a bit of memory. I'll keep it. I used to think that I'll never be able to throw it away, because of what it meant. I've changed, I could actually do it. Throw away everything without a second thought, without missing it either. Of course, it still sometimes lurk at the back of the mind - memories are after all something you cannot control. I would if I could. It's like that song - '.... I die everytime I find a piece of it in corners of my mind, so I washed it all away.'

But I realised - it's really very simple. If I only think in one aspect (myself) and in one direction (forward), I'll be a happier me (:

Growing to become a better person (: Of course, I still miss the old me (that sounds soooo weird. haha) the me that was 100% idealistic and uncomplicated. The old me who doesn't think a lot. The old me who has no worries. But the new me ... well, I'm striving towards that, the new me is not cynical, but rational. Still idealistic, but down to earth. Okay I better stop this talk before I sound really schizo. Haha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home